Friday, September 9, 2011

A Dramatic Endeavor!

If you think that I am going to say something dramatic in this post I am not...instead I am going to do something quite dramatic.  To my recent thrift store find that is!!

Find Numero Uno: (that's right I'm bilingual...booyah!)

A headboard that I purchased for only 10 dollars.  The headboard had such graphic lines but a terrible orangey veneer.  I knew I needed to take it home and paint it! 





I have been loving indigo lately and so I decided to paint it a kind of moody "ocean at dusk" type indigo blue!

Here are the afters:



This pic is taken with only one coat of paint hence the splotchiness. I ended up doing 2 coats of spray paint.


I chose the indigo blue because I love the way that it looks with my more neutral seagrass green duvet.  I also wanted the bedroom to be inspired by the beach in color and used subtle seagrass greens along with punchy indigo/cobalty blues, teals, grays, whites, and other neutrals.  Here is a picture of the bedroom as it is now.  We still need to raise the headboard up another 6" or so and repaint the walls.  I picked the blue color when we first moved into the house and had different bedding and decor.  I never really loved it and can't wait to get something more neutral (maybe a gray?).  The lighting is bad in this pic but you get the idea.




So there you have it.  A complete headboard makeover for only $15.00.  $10 for the headboard and $5 for spray paint.  And I LOVE it! 



disclaimer:  I said I'm bilingual.  This is not fully true; my bilingual-ness only translates to numbers.  I can count all the way to 100 in Espanol!

3 comments:

  1. haha... you are too funny Friend! Your room looks awesome! And the blue paint does not look so bad in the picture... I will have to give you my opinion of it IN PERSON here in a couple of months. What did you ever do with those chairs???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. I can't wait til you can see it in person. I miss your face! The chairs (patio set) are to be completed by the time you all come in November. The plan as of now is to have a backyard Thanksgiving using the new patio set. We have a lot of yard work to do before then though. Do projects ever end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you both! Looks good Britt...

    ReplyDelete