Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Grand Unveiling: Chippendale Patio Set

Remember this?  Well, FINALLY, it's done.  This is by far my best Thrift store find to date.  So instead of spray painting it myself I decided to splurge a little and have it powder coated.  I knew it was a piece that I wanted around for a long time and that was going to be outside through the hot FL summers.

I actually realized that I didn't take any "before" pictures and I'm still kicking myself b/c of it.  Think green patio set with a bad brown spray paint job that was peeling off in multiple places. 


So...without further ado here it is now: 

navy blue chippendale patio set


Columbia Coatings RAL 5011 Steel Blue

The color is a true navy but is called RAL 5011 Steel Blue by Columbia Coatings.  The powder coating place I had the work done was ZPS Powder Coatings in Largo, FL.  I strongly recommend them, the owner's name is Mike. 

Here are some close ups of the set.



And here are some photos taken at Dusk (these don't have the glass top).



Anyway, I'm done.  But I absolutely LOVE IT!  It was money well spent, and that's not easy for me to say.  What do you think?  Have you all done any projects that you are gushing about and can't wait to show someone?  Please share!

   Please overlook the condition of our backyard.  It's a work in progress and so far the only money we've spent outside is for the white vinyl privacy fence.  We have big plans that probably won't get off the ground for another couple years.  We have decided to focus on the inside of our house first and have an upcoming KITCHEN REMODEL!  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. this set turned out great!!!!!! So glad you went with the darker color :) It looks so bright in the sun!

    ReplyDelete